Sorry this took a while to post, but I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award! Chef Randall at Savor the Food has nominated me for this award. I was very surprised! Thank you! You can tell that Chef Randall loves food and sharing it with others–check out Savor the Food (he has nice video tutorials too)!
Liebster Award Rules and Requirements
1) Post eleven facts about yourself.
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
3) Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post.
4) Go to their page and tell them.
5) Remember, no tag backs.
Here are the eleven facts about me:
- I live in the beautiful city of San Diego, CA
- The first thing I cooked on my own was empanadas.
- I played clarinet in school band class.
- I love dogs. I have had pet dogs my whole life and feel weird when there is no dog around.
- My friends and I had a band for a while in high school. I played the guitar.
- Some of my favorite reality TV shows are the Gordon Ramsay shows.
- I haven’t bought a digital camera since 2004 when I used it for my high school newspaper. Lol. I am now borrowing my sister’s fancy camera that I’m still learning to use properly.
- I was a vegetarian in college and in grad school.
- I am the middle child. I have one older brother and a younger sister.
- Sometimes, I like to eat shrimps with the shell on. Mmmm…crunchy 🙂
- When I was younger, I was a rapper. Just for fun though. My friend helped me come up with the crazy name of The Mean Green Rapper Crapper. Why? I don’t know. I was being silly, I guess.
Q & A:
1. What is your favorite food?
My favorite food changes a lot, but one food that I crave most often is sushi! It’s an art piece and meal in one!
2. What is your hobby?
Besides cooking, I love reading. Particularly science or health-related topics and classic novels.
3. How do your friend’s describe you?
Inquisitive, passionate, and hard-working.
4. If you could, what one thing would you change about your life?
I wouldn’t want to change a thing, but if I had to choose, it would be not picking a bottom apartment. Lol
5. Are you married and if yes how long?
Yes. Happily married for a little over a year.
6. Do you speak another language, other than English?
Tagalog, I can speak a little and understand it very well, but need some work on carrying a conversation with it. Whenever I go visit my parent’s house, I always watch Filipino soap operas called teleserye. I’m also a beginner in Spanish.
7. If you could, would you want to govern the country?
No, not into politics.
8. What started you blogging?
I’ve been wanting to start one, but after my MasterChef audition, I got the inspiration to put my dreams of having a blog about my food passion to reality.
9. Have you traveled out side the country, if so were?
Lol. I’ve stayed in the U.S. my whole life. I really need to go visit family in the Philippines .
10. Do you have children, how many?
No children. Though, I’m a mommy to my Papillon-mix 🙂
11. Are you glad this is the last question?
Yes. Though I like to talk about myself like most people, I’m a little afraid of what might come next.
Questions for my nominees:
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- Do you have a special talent?
- Where would you go for a dream vacation?
- Who is your hero?
- What is your ultimate burger?
- What is your dream job?
- Do you have any pets?
- What was/is your favorite subject in school?
- If you could go back in time, what era would you go to and why?
- What is your favorite dish?
- What’s one thing you love about yourself?
Excited to announce ……my nominees! Congratulations! (in alphabetical order)