Pizza again? Yes! Like many of you out there, I celebrated National Pi Day with a pie! This year we had pizza pies! Did you do anything fun for Pi Day?
Here’s the cheese pizza with meat sauce. I’m visiting my parents again and yesterday my dad made spaghetti with meat sauce (Filipino style with both ground beef and sliced hot dog) so I took some leftover sauce and put it on a pizza with mozzarella cheese.
Mini-product review!: Normally I don’t use mixes, but today I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Mix and followed the instructions on the package. I don’t mind using this particular mix because all of the ingredients in the mix are actually what you would use when making gluten-free bread or pizza. Nothing extra. No fillers or chemical preservatives in this mix. 🙂 We were happy with this crust and how it turned out–chewy and soft inside. My dad ate a bunch of slices and my sister liked these gluten-free pies too!
Beef and onion pizza (using leftover bistek, a Filipino dish that I previously used in a pancit recipe). I used a tomato sauce mixed with a little barbecue sauce and a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Topped this pie with a bit of mozzarella as well. The crust was the same as the cheese pizza pictured above.
For Pi Day 2012, I made mini pies decorated with π
To all my readers,
Happy National Pi Day!
- Greek Greens Pie with Cornbread Crust (Hortopita) (foodflavorfascination.wordpress.com)
- In honor of National Pi Day, here are nine amazing pie charts (washingtonpost.com)
- Pi Day Mini Pies (caitlinliz.com)
- Happy Pi Day! (kap2406.wordpress.com)
- Happy Pi Day! (islesofjane.com)
- Happy Pi Day, Fellow Nerds! (blogs.discovermagazine.com)